Pages

19 June 2010

So close to "RX"

I front-loaded a few workouts today hoping to prep for my brother and sister coming in town; see, I wanted to maximize time with them so I'm opting to not go to the gym with them here. I worked out Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday before they came on Thursday. However, spanning the next three proved too much for me, so I did a WOD this morning in the apartment gym. Unfortunately, they didn't have a rower and I didn't see the platforms for box jumps, so I took the "3x(500m row, 12 bodyweight DL, 21 boxjumps)" and modified it to "3x(500m run, 12 BWDL, 21 burpees)". Huh. Burpees not fun. Of course, it was on the third set, 15 burpees down 6 to go, when talking with a personal trainer helping somebody else, he told me they had platforms (for step class) in the second half of the gym. Burpees not fun. 23:37 was my time, nothing to brag about but I was so close to being able to do it as prescribed. I scaled the BWDL down 20# to 155#. So close! (That in itself is an accomplishment for me.)

I would really like to be able to do WODs as prescribed. Granted, I can't even 1RM presses and thrusters that others are doing sets of, but that'll come as I strengthen my shoulders.

Non sequitor: with my sister in town, she's missing their anniversary, Father's Day, and the 5K race that her kids, her husband, and his father will be running in. In fact, the local paper is sponsoring their race registration and posted a story on them! Here's the link: The Coloradoan.








Go Alan, Adam, Sid and Viv!

1 comment: