Pages

07 June 2010

CF, month 2

Metcon appears to be my undoing. Today's was relatively simple and devastating: 5 cycles of 3 minutes continuous sumo dead-lift high-pulls and box jumps, 3 minutes  break, and repeat. The 3 minutes break seemed to pass by a LOT faster than the 3 minutes of work.

Metcon is my undoing. I'm thinking I'll do more metcon on the off-days. Not so much really-kick-my-ass hard, but certainly *something* to challenge a little more. There are certainly days off when I'm not very sore and can handle some sprints or something like that.

I don't know that I've lost weight (though the daily-average-weight appears to be slightly lower), but I feel better. I think I'm over the initial shock of re-introducing my body to hard exercise and now want to work harder. Perhaps I can reduce my run-time by the end of the month.

Next month I hope to run a 5k with Molly. She has her own goal; I'd like to run with her and motivate her, but I'd also like to meet my own goal (25min). Think she'll understand if I only run with her for the last stretch?

1 comment:

  1. ABSOLUTELY! I would be thrilled if you'd run with me!

    ReplyDelete