Pages

05 June 2010

Okay, he told me not to run ...

... but now, two WODs in a row, I've run 2km. Not a lot of distance, granted, but still, Brian did tell me I shouldn't run as much (specifically for hip flexors' flexibility). Guess they try to keep us guessing.

Today's was completely metcon, meaning it really kicked my butt. "Man makers"? Oooouuuuuucccccchhhhhh. Really? Who thought these up? Judge for yourself: youtube. Now do as many as you can in five minutes. And then run 2km.

I set a modest goal (not as fast as the last run due to the preceding metcon) and made it by 4 seconds. I need to set harder goals for myself.

Though there are always a variety of opinions on what shoes to wear for CF, I've seen a lot of people wearing Vibram FiveFingers shoes. They aren't cheap but apparently are better for good form (lifting) and a popular trend I'm hearing about it shying away from big-soled shoes (running). In fact, some go with bare-foot; I'm not there yet.

So, does anybody have opinions on what type of shoes are good for CF? Think: "heavy" lifting (don't laugh, remember it's all relative) and running.

Some people have 2-3 different pairs of shoes depending on the WOD mix, but I'm not going that route.

Oh, and by the way ... they need to survive Afghanistan.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment