Pages

13 May 2010

CF Foundations, day 4

Okay, so I spent most of the weekend in various states of discomfort. Half-way through Monday, I could move around but laying down still proved a problem. I was a bit anxious going into tonight, if for no other reason than I'd rather sleep well without waking up every time I roll over. Therefore I was resolute to throttle back the weights, focus on form and mechanics, and not kill my neck again.

Tonight's workout, however, focused more on lifts than presses, which is a good thing. "Really?" Apparently, when you do them right (i.e. not what I've done before), dead lifts and back squats work the core, the lower back, and a bit of the legs. (Granted, the high pull on the "sumo deadlift high pull" certainly had potential, but those were only demonstrate/learn today, not actually perform in the workout.)

So, I was actually able to do better today. Granted, I didn't impress anybody (only went up to 145# on the back squats), but (1) this isn't about impressing anybody but myself, and (2) today's goal was simple: don't get hurt (again).

So, I think I accomplished it. In fact, I feel great! A nice dinner of (very lightly) seared tuna steak (unfortunately not sushi-grade) and some sugar snap peas, and ice-pack on my neck (just in case), and I'm feeling rather refreshed.

This feeling is likely very rare at this stage of Foundations, so perhaps I missed something ...

Two more "classes" and then I'm released to the world of "Real WODs". Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment